What is Teledermatology?
Teledermatology is a Shared Care initiative that is using digital technology and aspects of the Internet to improve access to dermatological consults for family physicians in urban, remote, and isolated communities in BC through the ConsultDerm system.
- All dermatology consults are tracked and answered.
- No consult is lost or delayed.
- Past consults are readily retrievable.
- All health care providers in BC can access the system.
- No specialized software is needed.
- The system interface is easy to use.
- The database is secure and confidential.
Teledermatology in BC
Currently used by more than 244 BC family physicians and 4 Dermatologists
More than 340 consults completed to date There are 2 prototype sites in BC, including:
Salt Spring Island.
Central Okanagan, through a partnership with the Central Okanagan Division of Family Practice.