Membership in the Chilliwack Division of Family Practice is open to family physicians in Chilliwack who are duly licensed by the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons. Physician members are not required to have hospital privileges. Over 90% of eligible physicians are members of the Chilliwack Division of Family Practice.
Being a member of a Division offers a number of potential benefits, including:
- Enhanced provision of full spectrum primary care as a collective responsibility.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services in our community.
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Increased ability to advocate for the needs of patients and for practicing physicians.
- Ongoing support from peer networks as well as physician health and wellness programs.
- Shared efforts for recruitment, retention, and locums.
- More support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties historically falling to call groups, e.g. scheduling and meeting organization.
- Strong financial and practice support for information technology programs and pilot projects.