Thinking of Practicing in the Comox Valley?
Whether joining an existing practice, starting your own practice, or seeking locum positions in the Comox Valley, here are some useful resources to get you started:
New Physician Orientation Package
The Welcome Package provides useful information on Comox Valley physicians, clinics, health-related services, schools, housing, community services, and things to do in and around the area.
View the individual (smaller) sections:
Explore permanent job opportunities now!
Locuming at a Comox Valley clinic
Physicians from other jurisdictions considering locum work in British Columbia must obtain registration with the College of Physician and Surgeons of BC. Visit the College of Physicians an Surgeons of BC website for more information.
The clinics who list their coverage requirements with Division use a Standard Locum Contract for all locum coverage. Download a copy of the Standard Locum Contract and review the list of Comox Valley clinics.
Discover the Comox Valley Region!
- Hello BC - Comox Valley >
- Discover the Comox Valley >
- Communities within the Comox Valley >
- City of Courtenay >
- Town of Comox >
- Village of Cumberland >
- Denman Island >
- Hornby Island >
- Check out these videos:
More useful links:
- BC Ministry of Health >Doctors of BC >Health Match BC >Island Health >
- Liability protection – Canadian Medical Protective Association >
- Licensure – College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia >
- Medical Services Plan – Billing Number >
- Social Insurance Number >
- Canadian Revenue Agency >
- CMA New in Practice Guide 2017 > The Canadian Medical Association has provided a in NEW in Practice guide contains hich has everything you need to know about transitioning to practice — in one place — including financial, legal and administrative matters that play key roles in future success.
Comox Valley Practice Change Toolkit
If you are planning on retiring or changing practice, the Comox Valley Division has created a document packed with useful information and templates on things you need to consider and do. Click to download.
Recruitment Coordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org