Serving the communities of Mill Bay, Shawnigan Lake, Cobble Hill, Duncan, Lake Cowichan, Chemainus, Penelakut Island, and Ladysmith, the Cowichan Valley Division of Family Practice has been formed to support the people and family physicians of the Cowichan region and to provide leadership in healthcare innovations, in collaboration with its community.
Working collaboratively with its partners and representing the collective voice of its members, CVDFP seeks to create economically responsible and sustainable ways to:
- Support its members to improve their clinical practices and professional satisfaction
- Identify gaps that exist in patient care in the Cowichan region
- Develop solutions to meet community’s needs and common health care goals, and, in doing so:
- Improve the patient experience of care
- Improve the health of the population
- Reduce the per capita cost of health care