Next Members' Meetings:
General Division Meeting
Mark your calendars! Our next General Members' Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 25th, 6-8:30 pm at the Cowichan Valley Inn. The focus of this meeting will be a discussion around inpatient care and the Family Practice Hospital Support Program (DOD).
Thursday morning medical rounds take place 0800-0900 in the Cowichan District Hospital Lecture Room, the first three weeks of the month. Details will be circulated by email.
BCCH Pediatric Grand Rounds will take place each Friday, 0830-0930 in the IMP office at CDH (room 45).
Events & Announcements
- Read letters from the Medical Health Officer regarding Tamiflu, and providing an update on the Central and North Island Travel Clinic.
- Vulnerable Immigrant Services - view attached from the Cowichan Intercultural Society for more information.
- Island Health's Home First initiative is designed to integrate hospital and community resources to ensure timely and smooth transitions from hospital to home for frail seniors at risk for functional decline and residential placement by providing time-limited, enhanced community resources. Click here for current stats and highlights.
- Cowichan First Nations Resources List - see attached.
- Health Information and Frail Elderly Visits to the ED - summary report and survey results.
- Society of General Practitioners, Presidents Letter.
UpToDate™ available free of charge for Divisions members
The knowledge system software, UpToDate™, is now available, free of charge, for members of local divisions who are included in the calculation for infrastructure funding.
To help increase member awareness of their UpToDate access, the Provincial Divisions Office has created a modular toolkit - materials are available electronically on the Divisions website at www.divisionsbc.ca/provincial/uptodate-toolkit. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact: Provincial Divisions of Family Practice Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can contact customer service at UpToDate™ by emailing email@example.com or call 1-800-998-6374.
What good things can you find on the members' side of the website? Current site content includes: copies of reports & presentations; survey results; initiative overviews; various information sharing and discussion forums; forms, minutes, financials and numerous other resources. Come on over to the other side (log in link is at the top right of your page)... we'd love to hear your feedback!
If you've forgotten your password, have any questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.