Next Members' Meetings:
General Division Meeting
Mark your calendars! Our next General Members' Meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 30th, 6-8:30 pm at the Best Western Cowichan Valley Inn.
Thursday morning medical rounds take place 0800-0900 in the Cowichan District Hospital Lecture Room.
March 6 - "Ask an Orthopedic Surgeon", Dr. Chris Parfitt
March 13 - Augmenting Treatment for Depression, Dr. Wei-yi Song
March 20 - M&M Rounds, Dr. S. Zavareh
April 3 - "Ask a Vascular Surgeon"
April 10 - no rounds
April 17 - Neuro Rehab and Spasticity Management, Dr. Paul Wintson
New - BCCH Pediatric Grand Rounds will take place each Friday, 0830-0930 in the IMP office at CDH (room 45).
Events & Announcements
- Vulnerable Immigrant Services - view attached from the Cowichan Intercultural Society for more information.
- Island Health's Home First initiative is designed to integrate hospital and community resources to ensure timely and smooth transitions from hospital to home for frail seniors at risk for functional decline and residential placement by providing time-limited, enhanced community resources. Click here for current stats and highlights.
- Cowichan First Nations Resources List - see attached.
- QuitNow - a free smoking cessation program funded by the BC Ministry of Health and Managed by the BC Lung Association; visit www.quitnow.ca (see resources page for additional links).
- Health Information and Frail Elderly Visits to the ED - summary report and survey results.
- Society of General Practitioners, Presidents Letter.
UpToDate™ available free of charge for Divisions members
The knowledge system software, UpToDate™, is now available, free of charge, for members of local divisions who are included in the calculation for infrastructure funding.
To help increase member awareness of their UpToDate access, the Provincial Divisions Office has created a modular toolkit - materials are available electronically on the Divisions website at www.divisionsbc.ca/provincial/uptodate-toolkit. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact: Provincial Divisions of Family Practice Office: email@example.com.
Or you can contact customer service at UpToDate™ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-998-6374.
What good things can you find on the members' side of the website? Current site content includes: copies of reports & presentations; survey results; initiative overviews; various information sharing and discussion forums; forms, minutes, financials and numerous other resources. Come on over to the other side (log in link is at the top right of your page)... we'd love to hear your feedback!
If you've forgotten your password, have any questions or comments, please email email@example.com.
Log in for information on:
- Recruitment guidelines
- Report on the Palliative Care community engagement session
- Inpatient care summaries.
- Annual reports.
- Medical and office supply purchasing groups (see Resources).