COVID-19 and Influenza-Like Illness Assessment Clinic
Family physicians in the Tri-Cities and New Westminster have worked to set up a virtual clinic and physical assessment clinic in our community. You will find all the information related to the clinic on this webpage. You will first see a physician via the virtual clinic. If the virtual physician sees fit, you may be instructed to visit the assessment clinic. More details will be provided by the referring physician. Further, our clinic will also see any patients that are unable to access their family doctor or regular walk-in due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Virtual Clinic will see the following:
- Respiratory, cold and flu-like symptoms
- COVID19 testing (follow the steps below to see the virtual doctor first to reduce your wait time at the clinic)
- Prescription refills
- Stress and anxiety
- Anyone that doesn't have a family doctor and would normally go to the walk-in or the emergency
- If your family doctor's office is closed
If you suspect you may need to see a doctor for COVID-19 concerns, we have created a screening tool to help with the assessment process. You'll be presented with a list of questions to determine whether you should proceed for further evaluation.
Click here to complete the quick questionnaire. At the end, you will be directed towards the appropriate healthcare service.
- If the questionnaire prompts you to return to our website to book a virtual appointment, please see the instructions below.
- If you think you have COVID-19 and want to be tested, please discuss it when you see the clinic physician.
- Anyone who has symptoms - including a fever, cough, sneezing, or sore throat - should self-isolate for 10 days.
To use the virtual appointment service:
If your family doctor has a virtual appointment option you can book an appointment with them: click here to view a list of local family doctors offering virtual visits
If your doctor does not offer virtual appointments, proceed to book an appointment with another family doctor in the community by following the steps below:
- Complete the consent form below
- Once the consent form has been received we will call you to schedule a virtual appointment
- At the time of your appointment, join the virtual waiting room by clicking the link in the email from our clinic.
Step 1: Consent Form
* Make sure to press the "submit" button once complete
Step 2: We will contact you to arrange the appointment
Once the consent form has been received we will call you to schedule your virtual appointment (for privacy reasons, the caller ID will be blocked).
Once you have received your appointment time, we will follow up by email to provide you with the link for your virtual appointment.
You will receive a call within 24 hours (maximum) with your appointment time.
Also, please check your junk mail if you do not see an email from us after you have received your appointment time.
(Note: our working hours are below, if you complete the form after-hours you will receive contact the next day).
Step 3: Start Your Appointment
Click the link in the email 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to join the virtual waiting room.
Virtual appointment hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am-8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 5pm
Note: From June 15th onwards the clinic will operate Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Instructions for using the Virtual Appointment service: