The Mission Division of Family Practice is looking for the right person who wants to make a difference in our local community improving health care using their extraordinary administration and communication skills.
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position that will support the organization’s efforts in a variety of exciting initiatives including the implementation of Mission’s Primary Care Network. The candidate must be flexible to work/coordinate occasional early morning meetings and evening meetings.
The Mission Division of Family Practice is dynamic, fast-paced and passionate about the local medical community. We are looking for someone who is able to work collaboratively, has a great attitude, is self-directed, passionate about a fun and supportive culture, has flexibility in their work schedule, and has a ‘get-the job-done-attitude’.
The Mission Division of Family Practice represents family physicians in Mission, BC. The Mission Division provides local family physicians with a stronger collective voice in the integrated delivery of primary care within our community. It is our goal to provide a collaborative and innovative approach to patient-based care with a strong and transparent relationship between our Division, the GPSC, Fraser Health Authority, and the Ministry of Health.
Together, our members work to:
- improve patient access to local primary care
- increase local physicians’ influence on health care delivery and policy
- provide professional support for physicians
Our Mission-The Mission Division of Family Practice promotes sustainable primary health care through programs which address the healthcare issues of our community and physicians
Our Vision- The collaboration of local family physicians providing excellence in comprehensive primary health care to the community of Mission
Our Values- our values help guide our decisions, actions and behaviours. The Division values: quality care, member support, collaboration, innovation and trust.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Compose correspondence, reports, briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations and related documents, and assemble and coordinate production of Annual Report.
- Support communications with members and public through multiple avenues, including email, correspondence, website and advertising. Maintain Division website content.
- Support financial management by processing invoices
- Create and maintain efficient electronic and physical filing systems, and maintain Division, board, committee, staff and contractor contact lists.
- Provide timely and efficient response to inquiries from members, Board, committee members, staff and external stakeholders and the general public.
- Conduct research on various subjects at the request of the Executive Director.
- General Administration and Operational Support
- Meeting Scheduling & Management Support
- Member Engagement Support
- Event Management & Coordination Support
- Database Management Support
- Marketing and Communications Support
- Providing admin support as needed to Projects and Division Initiatives
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- High school graduation plus related courses, such as business, administration and finance.
- 3 - 5 years related experience, preferably in the non-profit or healthcare sector
- Strong communications background
- Excellent phone, interpersonal and relationship building skills with proven diplomacy and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven experience with meeting scheduling and logistics, preparing and distributing materials, and taking accurate minutes.
- Experience with efficient office organization, including establishing and maintaining electronic and paper files.
- Experience with financial processes and procedures and vendor services
- Able to perform multiple tasks, balance priorities and meet deadlines without close supervision.
- Able to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Excellent technology and software skills with adaptability. High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Strong database entry
- Accounting support a bonus
- Familiarity with non-profit sector organizational operations is an asset
- Must have reliable vehicle.
Email Resume and Cover Letter to Jen Cook