COVID-19 Resources and Updates
- Nanaimo’s Family Physicians continue to see patients.
- Call your physician if you are physically or mentally unwell.
- The initial visit with your doctor will be by phone or video followed by an exam when needed.
- Stay safe, practice physical distancing, and be well.
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool
- Province’s COVID-19 information hotline for non-medical information about the virus.
- The toll-free phone line is open 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
- BC Centre for Communicable Diseases
- Health Link BC
- Physician Health Program
- BC COVID-19 Support App
- Article on 'Evolving in the era of COVID-19' by UBC CPD.
- Article on the stealth transmission of COVID-19 by the BC College of Family Physicians.
- Article on the evidence around masks for healthcare workers by the BC College of Family Physicians.
- Immunizing your child during COVID-19
- Island Health COVID-19 resources
- MyHealth (provides virtual access to health records, including COVID-19 test results)
Please see the 'External Opportunities' page of our website for a full list of upcoming COVID-related training opportunities. A partial list is shown below.
Walk and Talk with the Docs - Mental Health and COVID-19
Announcement from UBC Continuing Professional Development:
COVID-19 Resource Hub
We have a comprehensive COVID-19 hub of reliable education and resources being offered by UBC CPD and other education providers.
Email us any questions or suggest resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rural Health Conference 2020 Webinar Series: “Acute Respiratory Distress: Approach and Management in the Suspected COVID-19 Patient”
Dates: May 13, May 20, & May 27
1900–2030 PDT | Online
- May 13 (Wed) - Acute Respiratory Distress: Approach and Management in the Suspected COVID-19 Patient
- May 20 (Wed) - Delivering Culturally Safe Care During a Pandemic - Rural BC Success Stories
- May 27 (Wed) - Ask Anything: Rural Emergency Topics during COVID-19
Summary: Join our expert panelists for a series of rurally-focused COVID-19 education. Audience participation is encouraged during the presentation with lots of dedicated time for Q&A.