The Nanaimo Division of Family Practice represents Family Physicians, ERPs, Hospitalists and Family Medicine Residents on Gabriola Island and Nanaimo, BC. Together, the members work to improve patient access to local primary care, increase local physicians' influence on health care delivery and policy, and provide professional support for physicians
How to Become a Member
1. Complete the online membership application form.
2. Your application will be approved online and you'll receive an automatic email with
your log-in information.
3. Once approved, as a funded member, you will be able to access UpToDate.
Benefits of Membership
Being a member of a Division offers a number of potential benefits, including:
- Shared efforts to provide full-spectrum primary care.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services around a Division practice area.
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Enhanced professional collegiality and access to physician health and wellness programs.
- Shared efforts for recruitment, retention and locums.
- Support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties historically falling to call groups, such as scheduling and meeting organization.
- Strong financial and practice support for information technology programs and pilot projects.
- Support for any time physicians spend sitting on working groups.
- Support for continuing medical education and other Division events.
- Free subscription to Up-to-Date.
- Preferred purchase program for office supplies with discounts up to 60% of retail prices.