The General Practice Services Committee (GPSC) and Doctors Technology Office (DTO) continues to provide support sessions and create resources to help physicians integrate virtual care into their practices. Recent supports include tips for getting patients back into the practice, Zoom for Healthcare resources, virtual care support sessions, and an e-faxing subsidy.
Getting Patients Back to the Practice - webinar and resources
A recent DTO webinar and Getting Back to Practice Guide will help physicians prepare to re-open their clinics and offices. The resources provide suggestions on rebuilding clinic patient volumes using virtual care, operating in a hybrid virtual/in-person model, and best practices for communicating with patients.
Zoom for Healthcare resources
Family physicians, specialists, and nurse practitioners are eligible for a one-year no-cost Zoom for Healthcare license, provided by a partnership between DTO and the Provincial Health Services Authority’s (PHSA) Office of Virtual Health. Read more in the Zoom for Healthcare registration instructions. The following resources will help practices educate patients and to integrate Zoom for Healthcare into their workflows.
- Patients: Quick Start Guide and FAQ.
- Physicians and MOAs: Virtual Care Guide and Virtual Care FAQ.
- DTO Virtual Care Video Learning Series.
DTO virtual care webinars - feedback and support discussion
DTO is hosting Virtual Care Huddles including GPSC Liaisons and staff from Practice Support Program and other partner programs. This webinar was created in response to requests for real-time to discussions about technology and support needs.
The next webinar is on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 from 8:00-8:50 am. Register for the webinar.
GPSC providing eFaxing subsidy to BC family physicians
To support practice efficiency during the COVID-19 pandemic, the GPSC is offering BC family physicians a one-time subsidy of $150 towards the cost of an eFax solution. This subsidy is available to practicing family physicians who pay for an individual license or contribute towards the cost of a shared/integrated eFax solution. The subsidy can be:
- An automatic credit towards the SRFax Healthcare plan best suited to your practice.
- A reimbursement towards an eFaxing solution that is already in place or accessed through your EMR vendor.
To access the subsidy:
- Complete the online application.
- When your application is approved, you will receive your reimbursement subsidy, or instructions for registering for your SRFax Healthcare account.
Applications close on August 31, 2020.