Adult Mental Health
- Establish an inventory of local mental health services and tools and promote to physicians and community members.
- Conduct a system and patient mapping exercise to identify barriers and gaps. Develop plan to address gaps/remove barriers.Create a collaborative care model based on learnings from the Youth Wellness Centre model.
- Develop communication timeline targets and protocols to improve communication loop back from referrals.
- Provide physicians with tools and education to support and transition patients when appropriate.
- Explore innovative strategies to enhance service delivery as well as, utilize existing resources ie. Advocate for a Rapid Access Clinic, implement group medical visits, use of RACE, Psychiatrist/counsellor in GP clinics, Adult Wellness Centre, etc.
- Appropriate and timely access to psychiatric services.
- Patients and GPs accessing services locally ( not referring outside community)
- Patients and GPs are aware and accessing local mental health services.
- Patient Medical Home model where patients receive timely coordinated patient care, appropriate transitions and improved communication among all providers.
- Inventory and easy access to services in our community of adult mental health support
- Physicians and Specialists feel satisfaction and confidence with referrals.
- Patients and families feel supported and satisfied with their care.
- Early intervention to prevent more severe mental health issues
- Barriers to accessing services are reduced.
- Collaborative partnership between GPs and SP/Counsellors providing care in GP clinic.
- Mental Health Navigator to assist patients to access supports.
- Rapid Access clinic for the community or Adult Wellness Centre.
- Physicians feel confident and have knowledge about how to assist mental health patients.