Child and Youth Mental Health and Substance Use Collaborative
The Sea to Sky CYMHSU Collaborative was created in 2016 and is comprised of a Board of representatives from the Ministry of Children and Families, Sea to Sky Community Services, Squamish Nation, and the Sea to Sky Division of Family Practice.
Within the Collaborative is the CYMHSU Local Action Table (LAT) made up of community members, service providers, parents and youth, and representatives from Doctors of BC.
The goals of the Collaborative are:
- To increase the number of children, youth and their families receiving timely access to integrated mental health and substance use services and supports throughout the province.
- To document examples and results of the involvement of children, youth and families in decision making and policy development.
The goals of the LAT are to:
- Create resource of local services and supports
- Establish sustainable, community-based collaborative care processes
- Test and incorporate processes around information sharing
- Support ‘Caring Adults’ in community
- Build mental health and substance use literacy in schools
- Increase number of family physicians completing PSP CYMH Module
- Increase participation in PHSA Indigenous Cultural Competency Training
- Test and implement system-level guidelines e.g. Youth to Adult Transitions and ER Protocol
To learn more about the Sea to Sky CYMHSU LAT, please contact Margaret Forbes.
LOCAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
1100 Hunter Place
Mental Health Walk-In Clinic operates Tuesdays 09:00am-11:30 and Wednesdays 1:00pm-3:30pm. .
Ongoing programs: Circle of Security, DBT Therapy, and Strengthening Families Program
205-1366 Aster Street
Whistler Community Services Society
1519 Spring Creek Drive, Spring Creek
Sea to Sky Community Services:
38144 2nd Ave
604 892 5796
North Shore Schizophrenia Society:
1865 Marine Dr, West Vancouver, BC