Salmon Arm Seniors Health and Wellness Centre
The SNO Division is very pleased to be working with Dr. Kate McCarroll on developing a Seniors Health and Wellness Centre in Salmon Arm.
The goal of the program is to improve seniors care through timely access to specialized teams of healthcare practitioners who will provide a comprehensive geriatric assessment, intervention, treatment and follow-up care; focusing on independence, health promotion and prevention, stabilization and improvement of seniors’ health in the community.
Target Population: Medically complex and physically frail older adults that would have:
- Frailty Scale (scoring between 4-6)
- Geriatric Syndromes: Bladder and Bowel Problems; Sleep Issues; Cognition including Delirium, Depression and Dementia; Falls and Mobility; Nutrition and Hydration; Pain and Medications
- Multiple medical and psychological co-morbidities combined with social, economic and environmental factors
- Inclusive of Dementia (mild to severe)
- Clients must be agreeable for treatment
- Clients must have the potential to improve
Services offered at the Centre:
- Collaboration with Clients existing community support network (e.g. family physician / NP, Home and Community Care Case Manager) as well as linking client and family with services and resources (e.g. home and safety assessments; financial assessments; nutritional assessments; coordination and collaboration with home support)
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, customized inter-professional care planning with the client and the family, personalized interventions and short-term follow-up and transitioning to community services
What we are not able to do (at this time):
- Urgent assessment and treatment
- No on-site diagnostics
Dr. McCarroll will initially run the clinic one day per month, on the following days:
- 9 November
- 7 December
- 11 January
- 8 February
- 8 March and
- 12 April
Click here to access a referral form to refer any patients that may benefit from the services being offered at the Seniors Health and Wellness Centre. Dr. McCarroll will triage the referrals and see the patients based on need and circumstances.
Thank you for your support of this initiative.
The Seniors Health and Wellness Centre is located:
Marine Park Plaza
Suite 4, 781 Marine Park Drive,
Salmon Arm, BC