|Stroke Rapid Assessment Unit VGH
||1 Hospital Way,
Ph: 778 433 3138
Fax: 778 433 3118
- For patients without confirmed MS, where MS is being considered as a diagnosis, please refer to a community Neurologist first
- For patients with confirmed MS--please refer by fax directly to the clinic
- Standardized referral form is available
- For questions about your patients with known MS and followed through the Clinic (depending on urgency/level of concern)
- Contact their MRP MS Neurologist
- Contact the MS Clinic RN
- Contact the on-call Neurologist
Phone: 250 370 8398
Fax: 250 519 1834
|Stroke Rapid Assessment Clinic SRAU
- This Clinic is dedicated to the investigation and management of acute TIA/stroke patients who are in need of investigation but who do not require emergent (ER) care or hospitalization.
- Ideal population are those patients within 2 weeks of their event. There is an ARR of stroke recurrence from 9% to 2% if patients are seen and investigated within 48 hours of their event in a clinic structure such as the SRAU. These Clinics are being established worldwide as the standard of acute TIA/stroke care.
- Patients are triaged based on standardized triage scores.
- The Clinic functions as an "outpatient ER" where tests are performed on site followed by a Neurology Consultation.
- Clinic visits vary in length from 2-6 hours.
- A standardized referral form is available.
Stroke Rapid Assessment Unit
Phone: 250 727 4056
Fax: 250 727 4356
|Neuro Electrodiagnostics NCS/EMG
||Out-patient Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) can be obtained through referrals direct to Neurologists who perform these studies
||Referrals to individual Neurologist’s offices
|Neuro – Rehabilitation Clinic
||Patients with traumatic and acquired brain injuries
|Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Clinic
||Patients with suspected NPH
|Adults with Epilepsy and Developmental Disability Clinic
- Clinic dedicated to Epilepsy management for developmentally disabled adults
- A referral form is available through Dr Attwell – Pope’s office
- Direct referrals to Dr. Atkins by Fax (778-265-0098)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of all Neuro-Ophthalmologic disorders including:
- Optic Neuropathies,
- Visual Field Disturbances,
- Visual Loss/symptoms,
- Pupil Disorders,
- Systemic or Endocrine Disorders with Visual Symptoms,
- Abnormalities of Eye Movements,
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension(papilledema)
|Clinic 5 at RJH
Fax : 778-265-0098