Your experience as a family doctor gives you an ideal perspective for identifying opportunities to improve the way our health care system works in Vancouver. Yet the reality of a busy community-based practice means many doctors spend long hours working alone. As a member of the Vancouver Division, you will become part of a community of connected colleagues working in collaboration to achieve real change.
Membership is free. As a member of the VDoFP, you will have:
- Enriched collegial relationships with fellow family doctors through networking and mentorship.
- Opportunities to participate in the work of the Division and to be recognized through payment for your time.
- Support to enhance clinic business management and efficiency.
- Access to free UpToDate subscription for funded members.
- Greater impact through collective numbers on the organization of local and regional health services.
- Access to free continuing medical education (CME) events with accreditation.
- Enhanced relationships with specialists in Vancouver.
- Strong support for information technology implementation and related programs.
- Funding opportunities for small pilot projects (Doctor's Den)
- Opportunities to seek support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Support for collaborative efforts aimed at recruitment, retention of family doctors and locums.
- Access to projects aimed to support full-spectrum primary care.
- Each new member gives us more funding for activities.
- As a non-profit society, we’re independent of the Ministry of Health and the health authority.
- We are equal partners with the Ministry of Health and Vancouver Coastal Health in determining the best ways to improve primary health care.
As a non-profit society, the Division is independent of the Government of BC and the health authority. As appropriate, we work as equal partners with the Ministry of Health and Vancouver Coastal Health.
The Division undertakes initiatives solely based on the priorities of our members. We receive additional funding for each new member, enhancing our ability to broaden the scope or depth of our work.