Click here for a PDF version
The Division of Family Practice reimburses members for their involvement in Division committees and meetings.
In order to ensure that members are correctly reimbursed for honorarium and expense claims the Division has established the following policy.
- Sessional Payments are paid based on time involved in the work of Division committees, based on the approval of each committee member by the Board by a resolution, or where specifically permitted by the Board resolution, by approval of the Board Chair.
- Reimbursement will be paid in blocks of 30 minutes.
- Sessional Payments for Cancelled Meetings
If a meeting is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice Members may apply for reimbursement equal to 50% of the time allotted for the meeting.
Committee chairs will be responsible for informing the Executive Director of the attendees of each meeting. Most expenses can be approved by the Executive Director, but in case of a disagreement, the Executive Director will discuss the issue with the Chair of the relevant committee and with the Physician Lead, who may ask the Board of Directors to make a decision.
- Attendance of Meeting Form
The Reimbursement form for the Division of Family Practice is used to process and track payments to members performing work under contract for the Division. The form may be filled out by the recorder or any other meeting participant, but the amounts must be approved by the Committee or Board Chair. Participants are responsible for discussing preparation time at the Committee meeting.
- Payment Terms
Payment will be processed within one month of the receipt of a Remuneration Form. Payment will be delayed if Board members are required to approve any payment that requires special consideration.
- Annual General Meeting
No honoraria is paid for attendance at the Annual General Meeting.
- Only members approved by the Board as participants of a committee of the Division are eligible for honoraria.
- The Chair of a Board or Committee meeting will verify the attendance and preparation time reported by meeting participants eligible to receive sessional payments. The Division will provide forms for this purpose.
- To be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses incurred while doing business for the Division as per a contract with the Division, members must give a complete list of expenses along with original receipts.
- The Chair of the committee or designated staff can fax or deliver the form to the office of the Division of Family Practice. The Chair must submit claims within one month of the meeting for consideration. If a meeting is cancelled, the committee Chair must inform the Executive Director.
Members engaged in the work of the Division will be reimbursed according to the details specified in the contract they sign.
Unless otherwise specified, the honoraria rate is the current sessional rate set by the General Practitioners Master Agreement.
Mileage is not reimbursed unless the member travels more than 25km each way from the origin of the trip (home or office, whichever is the starting point) to the meeting location. Members working on contract will be reimbursed at a rate of $0.50 for every kilometre, or as approved by the Board on a case by case basis.