Careers with the White Rock-South Surrey Division
If you are a physician, available postings for positions can be found at Health Match BC.
Administrative Coordinator (full time)
The White Rock–South Surrey (WRSS) Division of Family Practice is a local network of family physicians, and part of a province-wide initiative designed to strengthen primary health care in BC. Operating as a non-profit society, the Division aims to increase primary health care capacity, and improve patient and population health outcomes by implementing programs and services that will positively impact family physicians and their patients.
The WRSS Division of Family Practice is seeking an Administrative Coordinator. The Coordinator will be integral to the organization, responsible for supporting the Division’s operations and communication activities.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Reception – answer and direct calls, greet visitors
- Provide support to Executive Director and managers (scheduling, research, projects)
- Maintain membership database (Maximizer) and run reports
- Collect content and draft electronic newsletter
- Prepare and send member communications including bulk mailings using Maximizer and MailChimp
- Organize and manage events including registration
- Arrange and set up for meetings (room set up, catering, AV, IT, teleconferences)
- Develop and maintain physician call schedules
- Take and transcribe accurate meeting minutes
- Assist with editing website
- Prepare and format presentation materials, reports, and other documents
- Maintain files – electronic and paper
- Purchase office supplies and keep storage room stocked and organized
- Assist with basic bookkeeping and banking tasks
- Process incoming mail (electronic and paper)
- Assist community with requests to find a family doctor
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous office experience with strong ability and interest in PC-based technology
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing (min. keyboard speed of 60 wpm with accuracy)
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail to produce accurate and complete work
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment
- Initiative to see what needs to be done in the office and what can be improved
- Ability to attend occasional early and late meetings
- Interest or background in communications
This position will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, usually 8:30am to 4.30 pm (with occasional early and late meetings). Salary range $23 to $28 per hour plus benefits.
Applications by email, please, to firstname.lastname@example.org.