News & Events
March 5: The Challenge of Lifestyle Modification: Supporting Your Patients Towards Lasting Change
Monthly Rounds at PAH, 07:45 - 08:45am in Meeting Room #3.
March 8: Physicians Advocating Wellness (PAW) Curling Night
April 10: WRSS All Members Meeting
Lunch and afternoon program at Morgan Creek. Sessional fees will be paid to members to attend. Watch for details coming soon.
April 24: The Physician's Role in Managing Problem Drinking
6.30pm CME Event and Dinner. Watch for details coming soon.
May 7: Opiods in Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
CME Monthly Rounds at PAH. 07.45-08.45am in Meeting Rooms #1 and 2.
May 9: Walk With Your Doc
Centennial Oval. Watch for details coming soon.
Past EventsWalk with your Doc - May 10, 2013
A big thank you to all the participants in the White Rock-South Surrey Division's first Walk with your Doc, as part of the World Health Organization’s Move for Health Week. We all know how important regular physical activity is to one's health, so what better way for physicians to encourage their patients to do it than to get out there and do it alongside them.
It was great to have 15 local doctors and 47 patients, practice staff, and community partners participate in the day.
- Local doctors - Drs. Davidson, Giles, Kanagaratnam, McKnight, O’Brien, Ozolins, Park, Raffle, Rouhana, Ruffo, Spangehl, Tyrell, Van Donkersgoed and Zayonc.
- PAH Community & Health Foundation - Board Chair Graham Cameron, Past Board Chair Jane Manning, Executive Director Jackie Smith, & Director of Annual Gifts Selina Yano.
- PAH - Executive Director Dr. Shallen Letwin and Admin Director Mary Rhode.
- City of White Rock - Eric Stepura and Janna Nicholson.
A special word of thanks to our volunteers:
- Kay Abelson and Sheila Allison.
- Crescent Beach Photography Club members Lynn and Ron Kelman and Ted Akune for their photos.
And what a nice spot, the Centre for Active Living, in the brilliant sunshine. Spread the word, and we'll make an even bigger event next year.
Your friend in exercise, Steve Larigakis.