Closing date Thursday, January 31. Earlier submissions appreciated.
Working closely with and under the direction of the Executive Director & Project Manager(s), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and office support for Division’s Operations & Project initiatives.
Description of Responsibilities
- Work closely with Project Managers and physician leads to provide all aspects of general office administration and coordination.
- Organize, maintain, and update database, contact and distribution lists.
- Provide support to committee meetings by: arranging catering, bookings, travel and logistics; preparing meeting agenda and papers; taking minutes in a timely manner; maintaining accurate records; communicating with and responding to committee members.
- Provide supports to the projects in alignment with the goals and objectives of the project charters.
- Assist with event logistical planning, promotion, and hosting.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations with GPs, specialists, other professionals, and the community.
- Prepare and manage the distribution of informational materials.
- Coordinate tracking, distribution, and follow up of physician sessional payment forms.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the bookkeeper.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least three years’ experience in office administration.
- Be highly organized, pay attention to detail, able to perform multiple tasks, balance priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent computer skills: specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work well independently and as part of a regional team.
- Have good writing skills, minute taking, and transcribing skills.
- Be able to travel within the Kootenay Boundary region.
- Provide their computer, home office, and telephone.
Hours and Term
This is an evolving contract with a need for some flexibility as demands of the role will fluctuate from week to week and over time. Current resources support 7.5 flexible hours per week, with strong potential to grow to 15 hrs/week over the coming months.
This is a six-month renewable contract position, with a performance review after three months. Renewal will be based on work performance. Contract rate $28/hr.
With no dedicated office space for these programs, the administrative assistant will be expected to work independently, with their own laptop computer and office set up, including telephone. Some travel within Kootenay Boundary, and access to a reliable vehicle, is required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Andrew Earnshaw, Executive Director, at email@example.com
We appreciate all applications, but will only contact those who will be interviewed.