Primary Care Network
White Rock-South Surrey is one of eleven communities in BC chosen by the Ministry of Health (MoH) to move ahead with the development of a local Primary Care Network (PCN).We are currently developing a service plan that lays out the needs of our community and completing an extensive application process.
The service plan application asks how our community will ensure that the eight attributes of a Primary Care Network (PCN) are being met, and what additional resources are needed to do so. The attributes are:
- Process for ensuring all people in the community have access to quality primary care and are attached within a PCN.
- Provision of extended hours of care including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Provision of same day access for urgently needed care through the PCN or an Urgent Primary Care Centre.
- Access to advice and information virtually (e.g. online, text, email) and face to face.
- Provision of comprehensive primary care services through networking of Patient Medical Homes (our clinics) with other primary care providers and teams, to include maternity, inpatient, residential, mild/moderate mental health and substance use, and preventative care.
- Coordination of care with diagnostic services, hospital care, specialty care and specialized community services for all patients (with an emphasis on those with mental health and substance use conditions, those with complex medical conditions and/or frailty, and those requiring surgical services).
- Clear communication for patients and providers to create awareness and ensure appropriate use of services.
- Care is culturally safe and appropriate.
For more information, or to get involved, please contact Nancy Mathias firstname.lastname@example.org.