Family Doctors Who Provide Maternity Care
In the Comox Valley, not all Family Doctors deliver babies. Family Doctors with a special interest in caring for pregnant women and newborns are available by self-referral, or by referral from another doctor.
Your maternity care is covered by British Columbia provincial health insurance (MSP) as long as you have a valid BC Care Card.
Family Doctors in the Comox Valley perform deliveries at Comox Valley Hospital in Courtenay.If you choose a family doctor to be your Maternity Care Provider, you can expect:
- Comprehensive care for both pregnancy and other medical conditions (new or pre-existing)
- Availability on-call 24 hours per day throughout pregnancy and after the birth of your baby
- Breastfeeding support and well-baby care for your newborn
- Collaboration with other care providers and community supports including public health nursing, obstetricians, and paediatricians as needed
- Referral back to your Family Doctor at approximately 6 weeks postpartum
- If you do not have a Family Doctor, your Maternity Care Provider can
- help you find one.
|Highland Maternity Group
|Suite 107C 1966 Guthrie Rd, Comox||250 890 0919|
|Town Circle Medical Clinic||101B-1771 Comox Ave, Comox||250 339 5780|
|Andre Brais||Fifth Street Family Practice
|519G 5th Street, Courtenay||250 338 2181|